Just Purchased a Awesome Mini Presidio Ultra at a store on impulse during vacation and Im loving its design and sturdy feel. Unfortunately It was a Display model in which the store only sells single knives at a time so no untouched ones behind the counter.

The blade has a patina to it (guess its been sitting in that sea air filled display case for awhile) and has a gnarly rough edge to it. They had to also spend about 10 minutes removing the huge bar code sticker they for some reason felt was best to slap on the blade itself.

Do I Regret buying the knife? Nope not really the tarnishing isnt to bad and the blade can always be reworked so Im not to bummed. I Shoulda taken a closer look and mentioned the two issues But Due to other reasons I was to busy just basking in buying a benchmade from a storefront on vacation (Killer souvenir wouldnt ya say?)

So whats your take? Would you Mention the issues to them? Purchase it even with the issues knowing they can easily be fixed? Ask for discount?

Has anyone else had these kind of issues via Storefront or even Internet purchase?