I must agree. as long as I am not circumventing any regulations or security zones I will have my leatherman on my belt. People used to give me a bit of grief but then I started wearing a vest full of other trinkets and a big cowboy hat. Now folks just leave me alone and give me a bit of room.

OTOH, if I had to walk the 30 miles home after a sever disruption of civilization (hurricaine, riots etc) I would have with me enough to purify water, treat injuries, set up a tarp, build a camp and a campfire, catch some squirrels or pigeons, or open a found can or 12 of food. carry a couple of liters of purified water and cook with it. punch my way out of a car window, light up the dark, create dark and silence in midday for a nap, communicate with just about anyone with cell, sw Ham radio, signal mirror, whistle, leave a note, take a note, find my way cross country to avoid the SS (or whatever), cut firewood or poles for shelter structures, Is this too much? Perhaps but with all that in my vest the leatherman rarely raises any comments anymore.