Finally found the time to load up the Ribz and compare it to what I had been carrying for just day walks, which was a Camelbak with cargo room.

These first two pics are what I carried in the Camelbak. The small items get put into the blue pouches. The big items, like the GPS, flashlight, poncho and flask end up in pockets of their own on the Ribz. I admit the gear selection needs some work so bear with me.

FAK stuff

General items

All packed in the Ribz except for flashlight which is attached to a strap on the front for easy access.

The Ribz and a new 2L hydration pack with no real cargo room

replace this.

and on me looks like this (oy, sorry about that)

Pro's:
Holds a lot of stuff, internal and external pockets so everything has its place and it is easy to find individual items. The blue pouches are about 6x10" and fit nicely.

Straps are not uncomfortable at this load and are soft and flexible.

Con's:
The straps are thin and flexible which means they tend to twist easily and can get turned around, expecially on your back.

Putting the darn thing on is not intuitive for me but I'm just clumsy.

It is warm, I was feeling the heat just standing in my office. Might not use this in really warm weather.

One tip, do as the website says and load it up before you fit the straps. Adding stuff really does change the way it feels and rides. Once I get a chance to take out in the field I'll let you know if it was worth the $40. My hope is that makes it easier to get things when I need them (just reach into the pockets instead of taking off the camelbak and rummaging around). Also I usually have my dog on leash so being able to get to things without letting go of the leash should be helpful.

Andy