Originally Posted By: widget
Man, that guy in the orange looks like Mr. Gadget! I can't imagine dangling all that stuff off of myself. Keep it simple and KEEP it. My experience has been that anything tied or clipped on will either come off and be lost or be in the way a lot.
Yeah, especially the compass looks vulnerable to me. I want my compass in a solid pouch with a solid lanyard, not one of those little retractable jobs.

On another note, Jim 110 stoves?? I thought I had a problem with 15 or so. You are not only an expert you are a record holder!
No where near my friend, no where near. Go browse some of the stove collector websites some time. I'm a light weight.

I am surprised that a Svea 123 is your favorite. Those that I had were way too fiddly for my taste and unreliable.
Unreliable? The Svea 123? Compared to what? The Svea 123 is the Rock of Gibraltar of stoves. There's only one moving part on the orginal model: the valve. Even the Svea 123R that came out in the 70's is little different. If you want a more reliable stove, maybe the Trangia (25 or 27), but not much else.

Maybe you got a lemon?

HJ