As for the E-Tool, I have dug a 6x6x6 pit with one as part of a team, 3x2x4 Foxhole individually, and buried one in a tree trunk deep enough that it was difficult to remove (it will hack roots quite well). Bending the head 90deg and using the hoe/pick function can help alot in gathering force. Granted most of this was done in the relatively soft/sandy soil of Ft. Dix, NJ, nonetheless, I have alot of faith in the E-Tool, and carry one in the car at all times.

The GI Poncho is a great piece of kit and pretty versatile, I normally use mine as a ground sheet more than an actual poncho, but I find it a good piece of kit.

The GI Patrol Cap will hold water, and makes an interesting improvised cup/sink in the field.

The GI Wet Weather Jacket a good piece of kit that emphasized to me the importance of good wet weather gear. I have since replaced it with lighter more breathable civillian equivalants, but the lessons learned were valuable.

Likewise, the GI dry bag is a good liner, unfortunately prone to holes, but made one of my first civilian purchases a Sea-Line Dry bag.

Some thoughts,

C. Rowe