Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
I can't really tell: What has changed on the newest release?
HJ

This video review I did when I received the product some months ago, for the testing should answer your questions.

http://timbuk2andtippycanoe.blogspot.com/2011/03/ribz-front-pack-review.html

Standard Disclaimer: No affiliation with the company that produces RIBZ other than being asked to review a new product and to test it out prior to release. And don't mind the wheezing pug. He's soundtrack noise.

I've seen that video before! Nice to put a face with the name. I never put 2 & 2 together and realized that was you. Great review! I have the original Ribz and it was your vid that got me of the fence and order the new one.

What I mainly didn't like about the old one was the velcro and the "square" pockets. It could be a bit warm in hot weather but I rarely noticed (try not to hike in the sweltering heat).

I agree with Ireckon- anyone who's ever ran more than 15 steps with a fanny pack on backwards would never recommend that option! Very uncomfortable. The Ribz keeps the load tight to your body, minimizing bounce and lightening the perceived load.

Hikin Jim- I can only speak to the original but no, you don't want to overstuff it. The new version is about 100 CI larger but the pockets also see to "bellow" better. By the looks it should bear the load better.

I don't have mine yet so right now I'm just posting because I'm interested. Also, mine was only $45. Is that a lot of money? I suppose that depends. All these same arguments constantly arise at the mention of Maxpedition, Busse Combat Knives, the Apple iPad, etc etc. If it fulfills the role you want it to perform to your satisfaction, and if you're comfortable with the price, but said item. If not, choose another product.

I think this will be a good small pack for day/trail hiking. It should also be good for walking and for jogging (the latter being something I have to do more of again). It should allow me to carry a phone, wallet, flashlight and keys for urban wear (and possibly a handgun on occasion). It seems like it would be good for canoeing, boating or flying where you want to keep some emergency gear attached to one's person at all times. Lastly I think it would be a good complement to a lumbar pack.

Oh, and to Am_Fear_Liath_Mor, I give you this! Because the more I read your posts the more I think you hate everything! grin

Just giving you some crap! wink