My take on this may be a wake up call for some...

If you were surprised by what has happened over the past week, then you need to re-examine your belief systems, where you get your news, and who you trust for financial information. College trained economists who embrace high levels of debt and the printing of fiat money to pay those debts are not to be trusted, no matter whether they have a Nobel Prize or not.

I'm a prospector so I've been pro gold for a long time. I sold all my stocks like Ford and Apple and Microsoft in April and went to 100% gold, silver and a little cash. I, along with many others, were anticipating the latest action in the markets.

I'll leave you all with one final note. This entire topic is not about debt, stocks, or political parties. It is about the demise of the US dollar. Gold did not go up in value this past week. The dollar went down in value. The sooner you embrace that dynamic, the better.

What you are witnessing is the demise of the United States currency towards worthlessness. Protect yourself from that and you'll be fine.