OK, I wasn't super clear. The volume of blood lost is more important than the electrolytes lost, at least initially. Additionally, rate of loss is important. An adult can die from 30% blood loss quickly, but live if it's over several weeks to months. So replacing the volume (ie, pure water) is more important initially; same idea as IV fluids. Granted, saline doesn't carry oxygen, which is why blood products are typically given after 2 liters of fluid.

Ceralyte ... oh how I give that away. You ever try it? Tastes pretty foul. The "ongoing fluid loss" is probably diarrhea related. It won't stop blood loss. sentence 1 on the back of the package: "Ceralyte 70 - a rice-based oral electrolyte solution to help prevent dehydration from diarrhea." we order this stuff by the pallet at my aid station. It works well for the runs.

If you're planning on oral rehydration from non-traumatic losses, it's not a bad solution. It packs larger than straight ORS packs (ie, from REI or Chinook med), but actually has some calories to it as well.

If you're looking at blood loss, IV fluids and blood are probably best, and second would be water. I can't imagine why ORS to an oral solution in a trauma would make much of a difference.

As an aside, 250ml is the amount taken during a blood donation. The average American adult can tolerate that just fine. 500ml is a bit much, but they should be OK too, if rather dizzy for a day or two.