Thanks for the kind comments. I learned much of it from you guys and gals on this forum. Not necessarily the specific parts and tools, but the knowledge to look at potential situations and risks, and plan ways to survive them.

I'd like to carry more on-person, but it's uncomfortable to sit with too much bulk your pockets when you're bouncing around on the trails. I've also lost stuff out my pockets on the trails, sometimes right out of the Jeep when doorless. I think I'm up to around $300 worth of sunglasses and a $350 camera so far.

I don't have the spare axles yet either, (or the alternator or starter), still saving for those upgrades. But when I do, I know the axles will fit under the rear seat. Just wrap in a blanket (good for warmth, too) and ratchet-strap to the seat brackets to avoid getting bopped on the noggin if I roll.

As for the backpack weight, I'm guessing somewhere around 25-30 pounds with 2-liters of water. I haven't had a working scale since I moved from a North Face nylon day pack to the Level III molle, and I've beefed-up the first aid kit and added some food and other items during the transition. The previous bag was 22 pounds with 2-liters of water.

Edited by Mark_M (07/30/11 04:51 AM)