Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Originally Posted By: LED
FYI, I recently tried using a single CR2032 in the newer Photon Freedom lights (white) and it would stay on continuously. CR2032's work in the older models fine but for some reason the newer ones require two CR2016 batteries to work properly. confused

The Freedom has circuitry that the II does not have. I wonder if that is what make the difference.

Jeanette Isabelle

I believe you are correct about that. I've heard of other people having similar issues and seem to remember that it was the electronic instead of physical switch that made the difference. I don't remember where I read that though, so I can't give a reference.

One thing that I like to remind people about the Photon II (which I have owned in every regular LED color and given away at least a dozen) is that changing the batteries/battery can be somewhat challenging under the best circumstances. The #0 Philips screws are very tiny and made of fairly soft metal. I finally procured some replacements from LRI after losing one and partially stripping the heads on a few others.

Even though I carry the tool necessary, I've never changed the batteries in the field, and don't think I care to try. Especially if the lighting conditions were not great and I was not at full dexterity (very cold, very tired, etc.). I still EDC a Photon II though because it is so small that it is barely noticeable until needed.