Does anyone have this foldable Coghlan's stove windscreen?

http://www.coghlans.com/products/windscreen-8566

It says it's 10 inches tall. My application calls for something 5 inches tall. Does the construction of this Coghlan's product allow you to cut it in half (with tin snips, Dremel Tool, hack saw, whatever) and have it still stay together solidly as a functional unit (two separate units actually)?

Alternately, I was going to use some sheet metal or non-galvanized roof flashing cut into appropriate sized rectangles and "hinge" them together with the metal tape that they use on heating and air conditioning ductwork. Would that tape hold up to the high temperatures of a Trangia alcohol stove burning behind (and close to) the windscreen?

My intent is to make a hex-sided surround windscreen for a Trangia burner - except I'd leave one side open, by using only five panels to build the "hex" surround. Then I'd drill the horizontal center of each panel an inch of so down from the top so I could insert three heavy wires into the structure to make an internal pot support (the support would be triangular in shape). The Trangia burner is about 2" tall, and I'd want the pot to sit about 1-1/2" above the top of the burner, and then have the windscreen extend another 1-1/2" above the bottom of the pot. Hence the 2 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 5 inch height I'm looking for.

If I was going to make this thing from scratch, I'd want each of the five panels to be 5" tall by 3" wide. The Coghlan panels are 10" tall by 3-1/2" wide from what I've read. Close enough, if I could cut their height in half.