That's the one thing that's kind of annoying about green technology. You have a lot of people in that field that are willing to trade a significant amount of overall practicality for maximum green environmentalism. When you want something outside of that, they often scoff at you, tell you what a terrible person you are, ect, ect.

A while back I was talking to some guys who are big into 'green' vehicles. I asked them about the Tahoe hybrid, as I was thinking of maybe replacing my old diesel suburban with it. All I got back from that was a lecture on how SUVs are the devil, how I should buy a prius instead, and so on and so forth. Not for nothing, but if I wanted a small car, I would have asked about a small car. I wanted to know about greener suvs, but apparently they aren't 'green enough' so they aren't worth talking about.

If anything, that kind of thinking only hurts their cause. Instead of helping to sway me towards something potentially more green, I'm still driving my 16 year old noisy smokey diesel.

Oh well, I guess that's my rant for today. blush