Originally Posted By: Mike_H
So, you are telling me that your family would not touch your room for 40 years if you vanished? Esp if they think there may be useful survival items in it for their own personal use? Sorry, but this is very very far-fetched...

You have a valid point but I have heard stories in which a room remains untouched when a person disappears.

I still believe your character would stick out. Speech patterns and trends change in that time. It takes some time to truly assimilate into a new society. How quickly would you be off on a quest? Any time to observe these new surroundings? Once again, 40 years is longer than you think, esp after some sort of terrible episode.

Maybe so but when I'm walking by, what could I possible do that would paint me as a target?

The whole concept is interesting, but fanciful... What is your ultimate goal? Really thinking of survival skills or???

What is my ultimate goal? For years I wanted some sort of role play where "anything goes" does not apply and player-characters have to solve problems without magic or science fiction. There is some science fiction in this role play but not so much that it solves problems for us. I want something where I can use gear I can get in the real world and the knowledge to use it that is at least close to what I have in the real world.

Why real world gear? The real world already has a lot of innovations. Learning all I can about them, what works together, what doesn't, why, why not and techniques are all apart of the challenge. For example, just recently I found out I can more than double the battery life of Photon Micro-Light but only cut the brightness in half. There are other things I have learned because this role play has challenged me and my player-character Jeanette has not been introduced yet. What more will I learn by the time she is introduced? When I play her, will I gain a better understanding of what works and what doesn't?

When I was designing the custom survival kit, I was happy to remove items from it when I read that I could accomplish a certain task without it.

I can think of better, practical RPG guidelines for that.

I want to hear what you think.

Jeanette Isabelle