widget, I know what you mean with gloves and touchscreens. I haven't tried it with gloves on, I'll have to experiment with it.

Roarmeister, my bad, didn't mean a hard drive, I'm not sure what they are using for internal 3.5 gigs of memory, the external memory is a microsd card, the internal has to be some sort of flash memory.

NuggetHoarder, I use it in both my car and truck using the garmins external speaker cradle and it's pretty loud with no problem hearing it. As for a jeep without the top it may be harder to hear. It has a headset jack identical to a laptop and you can run it into a amp which will go trough your speakers or use one of those audio to FM transmitters that are real cheap and transmit it to the radio station and crank it up. This is the mount I got and the speaker is pretty loud but without the jeep top might need boosted a little. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=89574
The turn by turn navigation is the same like the Nuvi, it gives you a boat load of different voices to use in all different languages.

And thanks all for the kind posts.