I just got back from a two week cross country drive for Christmas. I had a great one and I hope all of you did as well. I learned a very valuable lesson on this trip. Having been stranded in North Texas twice in the same storm I packed my truck with al kinds of emergency stuff from chains to an esbit stove and MRE's. The one thing I did not count on was getting sick. It started with the sniffles and by the time I got to Tulsa OK, I had full blown flu (and yes I have had my shot). Of all the things I had in my truck for me and my wife, I had no cold and flu medicine. So I spent the next four days laid up at the inlaws, full of nite-quil liquicaps, sleeping or in some sort of drugged state.

I was glad that nothing happened to us on our trip, but I got to thinking, what would I have done if I got stranded. Most of the roads I used were heavily travelled, but I know that the days of helping your fellow man are long gone. If I was sick and had to walk to the next exit, it would have been very difficult. So for my FAK that is in my truck and in my camelbak for the field, I have added cold and flu medicine. In the field, it really is difficult to get cold and flu meds becuase my corpsman usually don't carry it.

I have looked a couple of other forumite FAK's and I dont see any cold medicine. Does anyone else carry any? If so what types? I am just curious and I am looking for some suggestions on what to put in my FAK's!!

Thanks,

Garrett