I have been debating on reviewing this due that most people may not be interested in a tough NUVI essentially, so if I have wasted your time my apologies. I had purchased a Montana 650 awhile back and have been putting it through its paces. All in all I am very happy with it, except how big it is, but due to the capabilities I will live with that. It is essentially a beefed up Nuvi/Dakota/Oregon. The screen brightness is fantastic, I finally have a bright screen that is brighter than my old Vista HCX . I have always wanted a AA Nuvi that I can run 100% off of solar with no batteries and waterproof. The GPS in this unit is blazing fast blowing away all my other Garmins and the speed of the processor is really fast. It can hold 3.5 gigs internal memory plus 32 gigs external with a total of 35.5 gigs. It has a 5 meg pix camera built in which will take pictures underwater. The pictures can be tied to the map and used as a waypoint as well. Comes with a universal plug that has adapters for most countries and a Lithium square battery if you don’t want to use 3 AA batteries. If you buy the cradle with the built in speaker, it will give you voice directions like the Nuvi else you would have to use a headset. I have loaded most of the world for maps including 24K topos all accessed on the fly without switching cards however the water maps for some reason doesn’t play well with the other maps and have to be put on a separate MicroSD card or stored on the card and moved with a phone or computer. All in all for a older guy like me who needs a big bright screen and very durable, I think it is a great improvement over its predecessors and I highly recommend .

Pros
1.Universal Batteries (AA) and can be ran 100% off solar with no batteries in unit
2.Capability of Street, topo and waterway maps of the entire world
3. 5 megapixel camera
4.3.5 gig hard drive with up to 64 gig capable, (32 gig tested)
5.Fast GPS chipset and processor (fastest lock on I have seen to date)
6.Very Bright Display and a large screen with easy to read letters
7.Wirelessly communicates with other Garmins
8.Has many operating modes including Nuvi, lots of flexibility of navigation functions
9.Waterproof and shock resistant
10.Headset capable

Cons
1.Size and weight, kind of feels like a brick
2.Have to use a external speaker or headset to hear voice navigating
3. No flash for camera but it does have a night mode for dark photos
4.Will not ply MP3’s yet, still seeing if I can find a way to do that
5.Waterway maps do not display right when used with other maps with the street/topo maps