Originally Posted By: KenK
So I have to ask ... when searching for the Mk5 on the web, how do you know when you're looking at the real Mk5 and a fake Mk5?

I've purchased several knives from Knifecenter.com, and have faith in them, but if I find a good price from an unknown knife dealer ... now I start to wonder.

BTW, I've already purchased several Mk5's when they first came out. I just asking in case I need to give recommendations in the future.

Without one in hand, it is difficult to state with certainty, but based on the image on the site, the multi-colored fob.lanyard would be a dead giveaway. As this point all of the original run the original run of RSK Mk5 with the multi-colored fob have been sold and all the new production has a black lanyard with a slider on it. Not that most web sites have updated their images, but you can always email or call.

Not sure if they are packing it in a tin as the original is, but we should know that by next week.

Buying from an authorized CRKT dealer is the surest way to be certain. And, if the price seems to good to be true, it probably isn't real.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com