Originally Posted By: Eugene
I haven't tried the knorr/lipton stuff on a camp stove yet, but to add some flavor those pouches of chicken work well mixed in, they absorb some of the flavoring and add some to the rest. Then if you add in some vegetables as well it makes a whole meal. The chicken flavored rice package, the recipe on the back of it calls for peas but I stick in mixed peas and carrots sometimes too.

Have you ever tried powdered milk with any of the ones that require milk?

The Knorr/Lipton packages work well on a stove provided that you have a pot big enough. I have the Primus Litech Kettle Pot which is 1L capacity and it is enough to cook one package plus there is still plenty of room to add whatever else you want essentially making it a one pot meal.

As for the powdered milk suggestion. Yes this does work and the taste is not much different then real milk. Then again, we only drink 1% at home anyway. In any case, for a one day or overnight trip, we don't bother with packing powdered milk and the meals are planned without it. When we do take powdered milk, it is stored in a small container then mixed right into the Litech when needed.

John Lubbock