Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: widget
I paid almost $300 for a spare key for my Land Rover. But I too will not go on trip without a spare car key!

I had to take my car in cause I was hearing some rattling. Loose fitting on the exhaust. Warranty and all that. Anywho I asked what the price was for a "Full Key" for my Corolla Sport XRS. Toyota's switched over to the keyless fob being integrated into the key. So you've got a chipped key with a keyless entry built in. For a set (They give you 2 plus 1 chipped valet key when you buy the cars) it cost $500.

I can see the obvious benefit of chipped keys. No chip, no signal and the engine stays locked.

But God help you if you lose your keys.

My Rover had the keyless entry built into the key and I actually paid over $400 for the key. I also have a '10 Toyota Corolla S and I promise not to lose any of the keys! Which reminds me, when I bought the car it has a sat radio antenna on the roof, a Sat radio button on the radio and silly me, I ASSumed it had sat radio. Nope, I called and asked (every Toyota dealer in town) how much to add the tuner?? $500. Seems a standard theme. Ok, I just plug my XM/Sirus Roady2 into the AUX jack and throw the little mag antenna on the football field size dash and away I go! Total cost? $0, hah!

Edited by widget (07/15/11 05:20 PM)