Well, to each his own...How sterile is your TP?

There are items in the cited FAK I do not bother with -like the knuckle bandages and the butterfly closures. The remainder does not weigh all that much (and I am a bit of lightweight fanatic - see some of my prior posts).

The point i would make is that your FAK should be tailored to the terrain, the enterprise, and the weather/environment. Your FAK for a day's rock climbing would vary substantially from what one might carry on a hike down a one mile long nature trail, or for what one might carry on a long bike ride.

I cannot make Motrin or Benadryl which is just fine because I have never needed those preparations, either for myself or for any of numerous victims I have attended over the years.

Improvisation is key, naturally, as is training and experience. We once made a dandy cervical collar out of a blue foam pad and tape (medical, not duct) when we encountered a victim of some nasty rockfall while on a nice routine climb. Medically sterile dressings can be produced in the field, but one rarely has the luxury of time to undertake the process. It is ever so much better to whip them out form your FAK.

I have resorted to my FAK often enough, in enough varied circumstances, that I am seldom without a FAK.