Originally Posted By: JerryFountain
widget,

I too bought my first XGK (one with the yellow pump almost identical to the one I have now) from Penberthy. He was a great man as well as a great stove designer. I think the main purpose of the cup was to protect the pack, not as a pot.

There is a lot of interchangability even with an old one like mine (I said Penberthy was a genius didn't I). Most of the o-rings replace (even though the bottle gasket on the pump was just that - a gasket). I don't know if the newer rubber pump cup will replace the old leather one, but I will try it if I can't find the leather. The jets from the older XGK interchange (not the EX though), but they don't allow the surge damper to stay. The newest jets also use the same jet for gas and kerosene (GK) where the older ones used to separate ones. I don't know if the GK will work, although I expect it will.

The things I would most like to find are a replacement leather or two for the pump, an air tube, as well as a spare check valve. For the stove I would like a spare surge damper, spare G type jets, and additional priming pads.

Thanks for the reminders.

Respectfully,

Jerry, if I remember correctly, the leather pump cup is the same as a Coleman pump cup for the lantern or some of the Coleman backpacking stove pumps. They should be easy to source. As for other parts, I would try MSR and see what they say, they may have some parts available.

Jerry