Have also heard of a few Corvette owners putting the key along with whatever else is in their hands on top of the car and the transponder will "see" the key and allow the car to start. Driving down the road the stuff on the roof blows off with the fob and when you turn off the car at your destination you will not be able to restart it.

I was out with a friend in her new Corvette and she locked the key fob in the trunk, glad she had onstar. But we didn't lock the car it did that on it's own and turned on the alarm system so we couldn't just open the door and reach into the back of the car.

Always have a spare key, one of the last cars i purchased only had one key, i promptly had a spare made, it wasn't a week later my little brother was driving the car and he locked himself out. He did this a couple of more times before he got smart enough to take the key with him while putting gas in the car. Found out later that occasionally the car locks itself for no apparent reason. I guess the car was trying to tell my little brother something, i have told him more than once that the car just likes me better.