Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
The OP is not entirely clear. Are we concerned about providing a full charge? Or are we just providing enough power to perform crucial tasks in a critical situation?

Sorry, I lost my thinking cap. If I run out of juice on an average, normal day, I have a fully charged backup cell phone battery that I can swap into the phone. The battery-powered recharger is for power outages that last more than a few days. I plan to keep a stash of, say, AA batteries so I can keep going in an emergency.

In your average power outage, I can afford to fully charge the cell phone, since I expect the power to be restore in good time, even if it takes the power company a while to do it. In a natural disaster, however, I may just charge the phone enough to do critical tasks. At the end, whether I get a full charge or not depends on how many batteries I have left. Portability is important in case I need to bug out.

This is what I'm thinking anyway. If there's something I've overlooked, please let me know. Thanks!

Da Bing