Geez..... you do overpack.
-first, tell DS and DH, if they want to eat, they pack their own food. You're not a pantry.
-Ditto shelter - why on god's green earth are you carrying 2 rain coats? You have 2 torso's that I don't know about? And 2 ponchos? Pick one.
-1 flashlight. One. Not 3. Worst case scenario if your lights die? It's dark. Big deal.
-1 knife. Fixed or folder, but only one.
-Mylar sleeping bag or heat sheet. Not both.
-Fire: pick 2 methods, and 2 fuels. You're way, way redundant there.
-Ditch the sunscreen. You're in Canada. Not exactly the sun-burn capitol of the world.
-Baby wipes and TP? Pick one. Unless you have diapers to change or raging hemorrhoids, ditch the wipes. I bet you even carry a full roll of TP too, don't you?
-Ditch half the food you're carrying. Again, you're not a pantry. Let your DH and DS carry their own food. If you get stuck overnight and don't eat for 24-48 hours, no big deal. Try that cord and catch some fish.

Sorry to be harsh, but look at all that crap you're lugging around. I bet that's not helping your shoulder. Tell your DH to get off his duff and pitch in. I bet he weighs more than you - he should be carrying more than you. He's not your "pack mule" but it's ok that you are his?

Edited by MDinana (07/04/11 04:11 AM)