Originally Posted By: MDinana
Well, not to be a smart-a$$, but if you're planning for an engine fire, do you have a fire extinguisher?

Yes, I have a fire extinguisher. I drive a Jeep Wrangler and they have a pretty high fire potential. It has to do with wheeling in 4Lo for long periods - the transmission overheats and leaks hot tranny fluid onto the catalytic converter. It consumes the entire Jeep in 5 minutes and it's so common that there is currently a push for a recall. I installed a tranny cooler to alleviate the problem, but the potential is still there.

Originally Posted By: MDinana

I'd worry more about where the kit is located - next to you, but is it strapped down? Ie, if you start rolling, will it end up in wedged under a chair somewhere where you can't get it? If you keep it strapped to your truck bed (roll bar?) can you get to it easily?

I agree. The best suggestion I've heard so far is to incorporate some snaps into the pack and secure the other half of the snaps to the front passenger floor area. If the Jeep overturns, you still know where to grab the bag from, and it can be yanked from the snaps with a hard pull.