Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
[quote=comms]

Ah, the good 'ole Demo knife. I've got a bunch of them floating around somewhere. They must have stamped those things out by the millions during WWII/Korea/Vietnam.

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
I wonder what schrades quality is like now. I do know Case is not any good now so I wonder about schrade now.

The current Schrade is not the same company as it used to be. The name and branding was purchased by Taylor Brands, LLC; who is now making copies of the original designs, mostly in china. Totally different from what they used to be. A lot of Schrade's actual equipment was bought by Benchmade knives and a few other companies.

With Camillus gone as we know it (the high-end Canal Street Cutlery being the only part that remains), all that's really left of the old school brands are W.R. Case, Queen cutlery (Schatt & Morgan), and Buck knives. Case is still under ownership of Zippo, and being made in PA, like always. Queen Cutlery is partners with Ontario knives (both made in NY state). Finally, Buck knives is still a family owned U.S. based company, however many of their knives are now made overseas.

Thankfully, I've got a bunch of examples from all five in my collection. With the trend toward 'tactical' style folders, it wouldn't surprise me if many of the traditional patterns start to fade away as time progresses.