Putting more regulations on business owners to tell people not to be stupid. Great, just what the world needs is more government intrusion and nanny rules.

What ever happened to self responsibility? If you are going to be a world traveler, it is your responsibility to find out about the area before you dive in. If you don't, you will pay the consequences. Austrailia is known for being a wild and largely uninhabited island.

I am sorry that his person perished due to his own ignorance. But being ignorant is a crime punishable by consequences. The vehicle rental agency apparently stocked the vehicle with adequate supplies. The user choose not to use them and paid with his life.

Travelers have injured themselves and died since the beginning of time. Travel is inherently danagerous because you are going to areas you are unfamiliar. What may be considered normal knowledge by locals is unknown to the traveler.

I visisted New York City a few years back. Went to dinner in China town and decieded to walk back uptown to my hotel. For a while the sites, hustle and bustle of the city were exciting. At some point I looked up and determined I was in a part of town with no street lights, people lurking around in the shadows and kind of a warehouse rundown area. Flagged a cab and got out of the their pronto. Got lucky that no one bothered the tourist. Live and learn.