Quote:
The ability of a regulator valve to operate at a lower pressure than a conventional needle valve is what allows the Soto to maintain a larger flame.

This depends on the Stove, take for example the Coleman F1 power stove, it has a rated output of 7000W compared to the Soto around half that, which means the valve on the Coleman is allowing 2x the gas flow of the Soto. i.e. the orifice area of the needle valve in the Coleman is much larger. With all things being equal such as the same gas mixture and operating temperature, the Coleman will output more heat that the Soto over the entire temperature range. You just need to open the needle valve up on the Coleman to match or exceed the Soto. Of course the Coleman will run out of fuel more quickly than the Soto and the Coleman may even have a lower efficiency overall as efficiency drops away with ever higher outputs. i.e. it will bring less water to a boil over the lifetime of the cartridge.

Can you point me to any reliable evidence that the Soto regulation valve works with lower gas pressures past the Lindal valve compared to a needle valve which is regulated by the operator esp with stove with a higher rated BTU spec. I still cannot see how a regulated valve has any bearing to the temperature abilities of the stove. Its rather like saying this a amplifier/speaker setup is louder because it has 11 on the dial. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuzpsO4ErOQ

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (06/23/11 06:28 PM)