Originally Posted By: Frisket

Not to start a war here but personally most alternatives to apple products in my opinion are more useable.

Actually, as a guy who does a LOT of empirical usability testing with consumers, I disagree, based not on my own experience and opinion (which synchs up with yours quite a bit) but on the facts and evidence of hundreds upon hundreds of hours of workign with consumers on mobile devices.

When I say I use and carry mobile devices ALL THE TIME I mean it. To me left, a (no longer in use) Archos 9. To my right, a Galaxy Tab. In front of me, an iPad. In my left pocket an iPhone 4. On a charging stand there by the monitor, a Motorola Atrix.

Next week, the mix will be different (there's a bunch of tablets upstairs that I've not yet spent a great deal of time using) but I will be using different devices, all of which are trying to knock Apple from its throne. It's not easy!

On thing I'd disagree with you on is a MicroSD vs SD slot. I'd prefer an SD slot on a device - it's definitely more common on cameras and you can get a micro SD adapter to use Micro SD cards in a standard SD slot, not vice versa.

But the battery life....no matter what device...battery life is a mess.