Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Great idea Kat! Asking for some extra cream and sugar in a bag when get TO coffee or tea will help increase that stash!

Not sure where you or your SO works, however at my work there is an endless incoming supply of TO coffee, tea and food condiments that continuously accumulate and and are free for the taking.

The same goes for Powerade/Gatorade bottles. I snag these when I can as they make great (strong/tough) storage for food when multi-day hiking and camping. I find that although the bottles are bulkier, the extra weight of the bottle is negligible and these qualities make for much better and more reliable storage then ziploc bags.

Examples, left to right:
Milk powder, pasta, oatmeal, basmati rice

The small plastic jar on the right once had PB in it and after a couple of good washes and rinses, there is no residue smell at all.

In the PB jar:
Individual packets of coffee, coffee whitener,tea, hot chocolate, sugar packets, multi-grain bars.

John Lubbock