My Emergency Phone is a unactivated and will never be activated Nokia Candy bar phone on the net 10 network purchased for 10$ No camera.

The phone is amazing it has many basic tools like an alarm clock and such and lasts 2 weeks on a charge. It is extremely useable in the GUI and has a wonderfull body.

The Major thing about purchasing even the cheapest phone is researching it and its GUI. I purchased a motorola tfc139bkb for 5$ as a backup phone to throw in the car on a pay as you go network and the GUI was so bad i ended up just throwing it in the junk/old electronics bin and forgetting about it the day i bought it. The best brand for cheap phones i have found is nokia. Their phones have been designed for developing countries and thus are bare basic rugged and extremely easy to navigate threw.

A second thing to think about is the camera phone to have a Micro SD card slot. Most camera phones with non expandable memory have little to no built in memory and thus wouldnt serve to hold enough pictures to be of major use. An example is a phone i had that only held 14 pictures on its built in memory barely enough to make a difference in my opinion when its a needed feature.