funny enough I was left "stranded" with my training partner at a lake parking lot in the Superstitions last month. Someone stole his bag while we were swimming a couple miles and his keys were in it. No cell service but the Marina 3/4 mile away let us use their phone. We weren't sure if the thieves would come back for the SUV so one stayed while the other went to make the call for help.

Both our phones (w/ contact #s) were stuck in the SUV. Plus my complete EDC kit and backpack. I didn't need anything at the time and didn't see the need to bust a window.

The only phone numbers we knew for immediate assistance were our spouses. No buddies or kids. Took an hour to get a hold of one of them to get us. We were stuck waiting for an extra key for 3 hours.

We could have easily run out, 14 miles to town, if no one could get us but didn't know if the thieves would come back for the SUV. Instead we had a push up contest, 10 push ups a minute for 60 minutes.

Oh yes, we had a conversation about having an extra key or hiding it. And thanks to the photo above, I'll get a little pill fob for my swim bucket and add some cash and Phone #.

Long story short, thanks for the reminder.