Originally Posted By: Susan
So Texas has it's own power grid --- what if a disgruntled group of employees decide to take it down, having the knowledge and access to do it?

I don't see that happening even with disgruntled employees. If something goes down, others would notice it quickly. I am confident in our power grid. A bigger problem would be a power distribution center.

What is the source of water for the DFW area? Is it dependent on power? Oops! How long do you think business would continue as usual without water?

The biggest threat to our water supply is a drought.

Neither DFW, nor Texas, nor the U.S. are economically independent entities. The world is now totally interconnected, and dependent on each facet working.

That sort of problem can affect any place and it may even be catostrophic but unless the economy freefalls, I don't see decay any time soon since we are growing even now.

Weren't there some reports in January that Texas was somewhere between 18 and 25 BILLION DOLLARS in the hole? That means broke or close to it, to me. Have things improved drastically in the last six months?

I have not heard of this. I have heard that the Department of Transpotation is strapped for cash. Therefore it would seem other state departments would be hurting as well.

Jeanette Isabelle