Quote:
I'm not seeing the problem here.

I think you need to expand your field of vision.

So Texas has it's own power grid --- what if a disgruntled group of employees decide to take it down, having the knowledge and access to do it?

What is the source of water for the DFW area? Is it dependent on power? Oops! How long do you think business would continue as usual without water?

Quote:
... even in a recession we are growing so I am not seeing a decay until the end of this decade at the earliest.

Neither DFW, nor Texas, nor the U.S. are economically independent entities. The world is now totally interconnected, and dependent on each facet working.

Weren't there some reports in January that Texas was somewhere between 18 and 25 BILLION DOLLARS in the hole? That means broke or close to it, to me. Have things improved drastically in the last six months?

If as few as four countries (even small countries) default on their loans to the U.S., economists estimate that will be the beginning of a world crash, a spiral of collapse that, once begun, can't be stopped.

Our federal government is broke, printing money to make up part of the difference, and fueling a recession. The last I heard, 46 of our 50 states are also broke. Where do you think this is going? No quick fixes seem to be in sight.

If our economic woes worsen, and we go into a severe 'Greater' Depression, is it just going to be the rest of the country, with Texas down there cheering us into solvency? I don't think so.

Sue