Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

How do you cope in a Megacity when the interconnectedness of the global economy (finance, energy requirements such as peak oil or even insurrection due to inequality between the rich and the poor) or even mass casualty catastrophic events in the future such as earthquakes or when its just all starts to decay away and begin to fall apart such as large post industrial conurbations such as Detroit?

It is well known that the decline of Detroit is not something new or recent. This city has been in an economic free fall for decades and it is now being exacerbated by the economic issues of it's own country.

As for escaping during during disaster, Getting out of any large city is next to impossible when there is a large exodus. Look what happened in Houston Texas a few years back when they tried to evac the city that was in the path of a hurricane. If I recall, the hurricane weakened and or turned away from the city. In any case, I remember seeing on the news, miles and miles of cars moving only a few feet per hour. I am sure there are some members of this forum who may of witnessed or had first hand accounts of this botched evac.

I would think that a similar mass exodus of any large city would have the same bad results...

Telsin, - Who is currently content (except for the man eating mosquitoes) to be 400 miles away from any metro area.

John Lubbock