Originally Posted By: Mark_Frantom
Good to hear from you HJ. Sorry to hear about your "home invasion," hope you get that worked out. Take care of you and yours and hopefully we'll hear from you soon.
Thank you, Mark. They're a huge hassle. Don't know if we've beat them yet. I will definitely post something about them soon.

Originally Posted By: Mark_Frantom
About the blogpost, I was reading about your personal stoves and noticed you mentioned "capable of simmering" for one and "difficult to simmer" for a lot of the others. I assume you mean difficult to simmer as in for cooking purposes, but as I am pretty ignorant about stoves I thought you might be referring to something else. Does it mean what I think it means, or is this "stove talk" for something else?
lol. No secret jargon here. Simmering means simmering.

From Wikipedia: "Simmering is a food preparation technique in which foods are cooked in hot liquids kept at or just below the boiling point of water." In other words, in order to truly simmer, a stove has to be able to hold the temperature below a roiling boil. With many stoves, it's all but impossible to operate the stove without going into a full roiling boil.

In the back country, a lot of people just prepare meals that require boiling water, but to a true cook, nothing less than a stove capable of truly simmering will do.

HJ