The new airline regulations are something I'm going to be dealing with a lot very soon, and I am very interested in suggestions as well.<br><br>I've been flying at least twice a week for the past 2 years. Before 9/11, I carried my Leatherman PST in a sheath or in my carry-on luggage on every flight without any problems. According to United's online FAQ, you are no longer allowed to carry any cutting device, including elongated scissors. While I find this to be a ridiculous regulation, I am not planning on finding a way to subvert the law.<br><br>One reason why I carry a fairly cheap pocket tool is for the "throwaway" factor. Mind you, I've never had to surrender my PST, but I would feel much better losing it than a Leatherman Wave or high-end custom knife. I may even downgrade my tool to the cheapest possible just in case.<br><br>I plan on putting my knife in my checked luggage. If I forget to do that, I will try to put the knife in a locker and pick it up the next time I come through the airport. I doubt there are any contingencies for holding your knives at the checkpoints for you to pick up later.<br><br>I've thought about the possibility of finding a tool without a blade, but the hassle of trying to prove that my tool doesn't have a blade every time I fly doesn't warrant this. In reality, I think I'm going to lose a few tools in the next year or so. Oh well. At least I'll get a chance to compare different brands...