Good to know I'm not the only person who over thinks sunglasses. A friends older sister ran a high end optical store when we were teens. She taught me how to pick the right frames for glasses & sunglasses. I wore glasses. It is critical to buck conformity and cool factor for fit.

Its the same for correctives as protectives but easier to see trying on sunglasses/protectives. Place on bridge of nose as you'd normally wear them. Look down, does light glare up from the ground? Look up, can you see clear light? If so, not right for your face.

You don't win any style points on the red carpet for what really works but for eye relief and protection from elements it's what's right.

I have some polarized, HD, color filter sunglasses I really like and fit me well. $40 at a boat show. Even in AZ, I don't go mirrored or super dark. Most of my triathlon, hiking shades push the color green to the forefront for contrast. I also use yellow and red shooters driving from time to time too. At $10 for wraparounds, super cheap.