Jury is still out on this. I have added a small pill fob with some jute twine stuffed into it. Probably will be adding or substituting some tinder quiks soon. So far it is not too uncomfy (except the occasional chest hair as MDinana mentioned - owie). I did forget to wear it today, but then I am beginning to think this may be more of a when-I-venture-outdoors kind of thing. I have had the mini-led light come in handy numerous times during recent power outages though. Much easier than trying to find candles and matches/lighter in the dark (Where did DW move them to this time?).

While these may not be for everyone, I am liking this as the first layer of survival gear. This seems to me to be most practical as part of a layered approach (a no-brainer for others I am sure). A whistle, light, spark-based fire-starter and pill fob with tinder inside seems to be just about the limit of items without making it unwieldy and uncomfortable. I was thinking I could then eliminate these items from a personal survival kit that is not really pocket sized yet, hopefully making it closer to pocket-sized. But I am also wondering if this is a good idea or not? The redundalunatic in me says no. The minimalist in me says yes. What does everyone else think?

As a final note, I am just having some fun with this. As it turns out it is also proving somewhat practical. Isn't that what it's all about?

Edited by Mark_Frantom (05/31/11 07:52 PM)