Originally Posted By: dweste
There are probably legitimate reasons to consider a variety of approaches to be scientific methods, given the differences in sciences, but I was thinking primarily of the so-called hard sciences. I belive a fair rendition of the scientific method for hard science would be:

1. Observation / evidence gathering.
2. Creating or chosing plausible hypotheses as to what has been observed and gathered.
3. Designing experiments to support or eliminate hypotheses.
4. Carrying out the experiments.
5. Evaluating the experimental results, including statistical analyses of multiple test runs, to determine which hypotheses the observations and evidence best support.

That would be asking a lot from a game, but surely someone has at least taken a shot at it.

All of the above I learned as kid from from every day life/exploration/experimenting and did not need a specific game to figure it out. Although times and technology have changed, I can also say that my kids have learned the same way...

John Lubbock