>I sure hope you are not/will never be in a position of authority, >consider you can justify shooting someone in the back who is >walking away and unaware of you and killing him

Actually I was in the London police for 5 years, was rated 'Exemplary' on leaving and never had a complaint against me sustained.
I think that I dealt in facts helped.

Please produce the evidence Williams was shot in the back. None of the reports say this.

>The ten-man stack looked like a bunch of fumbling cowards with guns.

No they looked like people following their training, as they are supposed to. It's easy to say 'he was dead why approach him carefully?' But they didn't know that. Unlike in Hollywood, people simply fall down when shot. You've seen the news; where are the plumes of blood and bodies jerking in spasm when hit with bullets?

>If officer B draws his pistol it would be too late for officer A to do anything about it. I'm sorry, the "reasoning" is just absurd.

What has that got do with a man with a knife approaching an officer on the street and refusing to stop? Is inventing views I don't hold the best you can do?
qjs