Quote:
The entire confrontation between the cop and Williams happens off camera!
How can anyone say what happened based on this?

I think some of the articles mentioned eyewitnesses, plus the police spokesperson mentioned looking at footage from other nearby cameras. Plus forensics and all that.

Several articles pointed out that Williams was shot to the side, so (if correct) unless he was advancing in a fencing pose, he wasn't really posing an immediate threat to the cop, or at least not advancing towards him. Plus the blade was found closed.

Quote:
They didn't know the extent of his injuries. He might have popped up and rushed at them.

Anything's possible, sure, but if someone is lying motionless after 4 firearm rounds in his torso, I doubt he'd suddenly "pop up and rush at them".

Quote:
Also bullets don't inflict injuries as massive as a knife can. Your gun means you may have to hit him several times to get him to stop. Anyone, with no training, can kill you with one swipe of a knife.

I respectfully disagree. Sure you probably could surprise someone and inflict massive injuries with a single cut or stab of a knife, but against someone who is 10 feet away, looking at you and being prepared for every move and has at least some training in martial arts and self defence, not so easy. Plus, having seen real photos of what a single bullet (even a small caliber one) can do to a human body, you'd have to be wielding a chainsaw claymore to do that kind of damage.

-jh