Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Originally Posted By: Susan
there is nothing wrong with cheap foods like rice, beans, spaghetti and sauces, spices, etc. If people turn up their noses at these things, they obviously aren't hungry enough.

I would beg to differ. People can have any number of health issues and therefore would be better off going hungry than eating something that would make them worse off. For example, a person may be able to eat the beans but not the spaghetti.

From my observation, there is a higher percentage of preparedness among people with health issues than in the general population. However there is always the possibility that the disaster they are facing also took away or separated them from their preparedness.

Jeanette Isabelle

Very good point. My son has Celiac disease and would be much much worse off if he ate something with with even a minuscule amount of wheat gluten in it. That is one of the main reasons why I started getting equipped since it is highly unlikely that his dietary needs could be safely met without some extra planning on my part.

-Eric