Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
I have a variety of backpacks and rucksacks ranging from military surplus to a new Kelty Redwing that I got for my birthday. I am currently in the process of beating that one up. I believe that no matter if you carry your 'stuff' in a shiny new technical pack or a stolen shopping cart, the fact that you have 'stuff' will make you a target of those who don't. That said, you don't want to look like an exclusive sporting goods store model either. If you have to travel, travel light, wearing and/or concealing what you have. Depending on the situation, if you can shelter in place and protect your shelter, your odds of survival improve IMHO.

I Agree, Thats why the pack mule look would make you stick out more. People see you have things all over you it instantly sends a signal to them that you have "This this and this" in full sight and since its not in your pack your pack must be stuffed with more goodies till the seams are stretching. Looking like a seasoned camper with the special camp shirts and hats and such does sound like a bad idea aswell....Hmmmmmm... I wonder how many people here have regular clothing for BOB situations