I guess first I have my EDC, which goes with me everywhere, in town, in the house, on hikes. When motoring around town I usually add my bail-out bag at least to the car, if I'm not outright carrying it. Tons and tons of stuff in that bag.

When I'm hiking, I suppliment (not replace) my EDC with a mini PSK in my pocket. And also with lots of survival stuff in my backpack. LOTS of stuff. I am certainly NOT an "ultra light hiker"!

But since we're talking stuff carried "on you", that would be my EDC in urban environments and my EDC plus mini PSK during outdoor adventures (hiking, canoeing, fishing, etc.)

My EDC is knife, flashlight, handgun, spare mag, watch, wallet and cellphone. These items will ALWAYS be on me. EVERYWHERE.

When I go hiking, etc., the mini PSK gets added to my pocket. It's an Altoids tin stuffed/wrapped with all kinds of stuff. I decided what to put in it based on these ETS forums. The most critical ingredients in the mini PSK are signaling, firestarting, paracord, duct tape type stuff. I don't need to list the specifics - they are the standard things that everybody here can spit out in alphabetical and reverse-alphabetical order in their sleep. I guess also "on me" when hiking will be sunglasses and a hat.

Everything else, I carry in a bag or backpack. And in theory could become seperated from.