Water is next up as the Rule of Threes you do not want to violate.

I am not aware of any drinkable water normally part of the modern sedan. I would love to learn I am just ignorant on this point!

So I think what you can scavenge is limited to things that can act as digging tools, tools for gathering, holding containers, filters, and boiling vessels.

Any sturdy metal thing could be used for digging, such as a hubcap, door handle, etcetera. You will, of course, have to supply the know-how to find a water source.

If there is dew / condensation that gathers on the car, then you need to harvest some form of cloth with which to wipe-up-and-squeese-out that water into a holding container. Edit: Of course, you use the cloth to gather dew / condensation anywhere you can find it in your environment, too.

If there is rain, you will want to use the body of the car, any waterproof fabric, and perhaps air hoses to catch and lead water to holding containers.

Holding containers might include scavanged drink cups, storage compartment liners, map and document pockets, and clean air hoses that are plugged at both ends.

Filters for dirty water might include the engine air filter and any fabric from outside the engine compartment.

With creativity you may be able to fashion a solar still using windows, air hoses, and a holding container.

With similar creativity you may be able to fashion a solar oven to Pasteurize water from, say, a tire, a flat window, and a boiling container.

Boiling vessels might include any holding container that is metal, and of course, fire, which will be addressed later.

Edited by dweste (05/26/11 02:54 PM)