I've read through a lot of the threads here regarding solar power and I'm interested in finally investing enough into getting a decent setup. I had a couple of questions first though.

Currently I carry a Trent IMP 880 battery pack for emergency use for my iphone. It's about the size of a pack of cigarettes, it has an 8,800 mah capacity and USB output. It charges from a wall socket, 12 v / 1A DC input.

With this I can charge my phone fully around 6 times, so I'm usually good for 3 days or so of normal use if I ever find myself without access to another way to power the phone.

Is there a product out there I can use to charge a battery pack like this? The end connector for the wall plug looks like one of the ones that generally come in those universal transformers. But I don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to specs on the solar panels... since this battery pack generally plugs straight into the wall (with only a transformer), I'm assuming it's protected with a built in charge regulator? So in that case, would I need one for the solar panel, or would it be a good idea in either case, to help regulate output in varying sunlight? I'm not sure what I would need wattage wise or what I should be looking for specs wise to charge a battery with this capacity in a reasonable time frame, though I doubt I'd be able to do it in a single day.