When I was a kid a long time ago, the TV and newspapers adhered to the Who/What/Where/When/Why/How of news collection.

Now, they don't appear to even try to get it right. They don't even know how to provide the basics. They apparently don't know how to do any kind of minimal research, they ignore the obvious.

But they are quick to pass rumors off as facts because it might draw a few more people to their web page to expose them to their advertising.

Immediately after Hurricane Katrina, they reported all kinds of crimes that never happened. When buses were ordered to the Superdome to pick up the survivors who had been quietly waiting for several days, the bus drivers were terrified of being shot by (false) media-reported gangs of armed men marauding through the streets of New Orleans, so the drivers parked the buses about 30 miles away and walked off. Authorities had to find people to drive the buses the last 30 miles.

These highly paid 'reporters' (*derisive snort*) are more interested in making sure they look good on camera than actually providing information. And it isn't just one or two sources, it's all of them

I went through about ten news articles about the Joplin, Mo tornado before I could find out what general time of day it hit. Evening. Great. Before dark, after dark? Still haven't found out what time period it happened.

News? Responsibility in reporting? Not in America.

Sue