The lost trooper thread reinforced the idea that what's on our body might be all we end up with in a survival situation. I encouraged Glock-a-Roo to add pics of his to a PSK thread, and then thought that starting a new thread might be better. There are multiple PSK and EDC threads, I know, but this one is about what you wear on your body (not your pack) when you go off-roading.

Let's assume you're in the wilds, and somehow lose your pack. (Capsized canoe maybe?) What's in your pockets or on your belt is all you get. What do you have left?

I always EDC, on my body, a woven belt, Leatherman Kick with fire steel and mini mag, a lighter, and my necklace (made of 2 ft of cordage) with micro photon, harmonica and my kid's birthstone

[url=]EDC[/url]

My keychain with SAK, whistle, mini fauxton, monkey fist and (usually) a quarter (donated it yesterday so I need a new one.)
[url=]Keychain[/url]

When I go off-roading I remove my PSK (carried in a small Case Logic camera case) from my EDC purse and either put it in a cargo pocket or onto my belt. (It's Doug's plus a magnesium block, SAK, squeeze light, orange balloon, dryer lint, extra quick tinder, lrg ziplock freezer bag, mini bic, H20 tabs) I wear a baseball hat and sunglasses, add an LED flashlight to my belt and put an orange emerg poncho, bandana and a Cliff bar in my pockets. I also wear a lanyard with whistle and LED around my neck, and have my prescription glasses (in a hard case) in a cargo pocket.

[url=]Off-roading[/url]

I also always wear hiking shoes or boots, a watch, an extra hair elastic or two, and carry a full water bottle, either in a pocket or clipped to my belt by a carabiner.

EDIT: I also carry a little AMK FAK, with an added maxi pad, too. (I think it's called the "Hiker" kit. It's in a little orange carry case.)

Edited by bacpacjac (05/21/11 05:17 PM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA