Mark... I'm to the south of you, but still in the Southeastern Conference...just started prepping for the upcoming hurricane season...couple of suggestions, and I'm sure there are archived threads on this board..off the top of my head

though not typical, heavy running water has excavated water mains here that were then contaminated... have containers for non potable water to flush toilets...some way to filter/purify large amounts of water... just got my Sawyer .1micron bucket filter, but haven't assembled it yet... extra Clorox bleach

solar shower.. I use a dedicated (no pesticide/herbicide)garden sprayer painted black

a quality 18v cordless drill with extra charged battery...packs of deck screws... possibly backed up by a hand held Yankee Screwdriver...hand saw, hammer/nails, blue tarps, firring strip, asphalt roof sealing mastic

have given up on gas chain saws, I have a 14amp electric that can run off the Honda 3500w generator...chainsaw file..length of chain to move any downed trees

have a couple of the 5 day Igloo coolers you can transfer still frozen food to if the power outage looks long term ...if the kids are small, caution them about opening the refrigerator and letting the colder air spill out

propane camp stove, catalytic heaters, adapter to fill 1# propane bottles from 25# tank

chem lights for the kids... possibly a necklace with a whistle and AAA LED light on it if age appropriate

sufficient chargers for the cell phones...non portable land line phone...portable radio with power options...digital hand held TV for news/entertainment

consider some battery powered fans for warm weather sleeping...citronella candle/bucket in case you have to open up non screened passages for air flow

a pretty comprehensive emergency plans/lists are on the "ldsprepper.com" forum